WiRE

Last night I attended my first Women in Rural Enterprise (WiRE) meeting. After initially feeling extremely nervous, it turned out to be a great evening and I met some lovely ladies, all of whom are working for themselves, in a whole host of areas.

The speaker for the evening was a lady that runs her own PR agency and she gave us lots of tips for writing press releases, networking, contacting the media etc. I shall certainly be putting some of these tips in to practice very soon as I'm keen to get a press release organised for the launch of my new website.

I've been asked to attend next month's meeting and showcase some of my products, which I am very excited about. I gave out of lots of my business (MOO) cards, and received lots of lovely comments about them, which was great.

If you're keen to promote your own business, it's certainly worth looking up your local WiRE group - they provide lots of information in relation to women in business and it's always good to network with other business women - you never know who you might meet !!

All in all, a very nice evening !!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done for being brave and going!! I keep trying to get a little glipse of my web site in a magazine, but am not havng much success! I think that you must have to stand up very tall and shout..Hello, I am here you know!! Never mind...1 day!
Andrea
x

Annie said...

Good on you! That sounds very interesting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails