Christmas is coming !!

Oh yes it is !! I've booked my first Christmas Craft Fair. I can't believe that you have to book them in June, but apparently I'm one of the last to get a table at this particular fair on the 1st November - everyone else booked at the actual event last year !!!

So, I've had to turn my thoughts to Christmas stock. I've got a few ideas in my head and need to scribble them down on paper because otherwise I'm bound to forget them.

But back to summery things !

Friday was Sam's first ever school sports day and what an event that was. I have NEVER been to a sports day like it ! We rocked up at 12.oo, in time for the sandwich lunch at 12.20 which the school was laying on for both parents and children, only to find that the rest of the parents had beaten us to it and had apparently been setting up their gazebos, tables and chairs at 8.30 (yes, you read right, 8.30 in the morning!) So consequently we ended up at the start line, rather than the finish. But never mind, we got out our picnic rug and little picnic that I'd packed in case Gracie turned her nose up at the one the school had laid on. How embarrassing - our lunch consisted of spanish omlette (which I'd made, I hasten to add), crusty rolls and pate, and some fresh fruit. When I looked around me, the majority of the other parents had got proper tables and chairs (with tablecloths !) and were sitting there eating platters of M&S party food, fresh strawberries and cream, and drinking bottles of champagne !!! OMG !!! It's another world ! But next year we shall know and I will be there the night before laying out my towel on the sun-lounger !!
Sam did soooooooooo well, he was in 5 races, the egg & spoon, the sack race, sprint, put the teddy to bed and came 3rd, 3rd, 3rd and 1st and then unfortunately his team came last in the relay race. But he did manage to make up a whole leg, before passing the baton over, so we were really really proud of him. He had a whale of a time and it was one of the nicest afternoons I've had in a long time. The older children were fantastic, helping the littlies with their sacks etc and high-fiving them before cheering madly as the whistle went and a bunch of 5 year olds made their way down the track.

During the awards ceremony Gracie decided that she didn't want to wear her trousers anymore and to my horror pulled them down, along with her knickers, and showed off her little bottom to the crowd of parents standing behind her !! I'm sure she's not really my daughter and they gave me the wrong child in the hospital !

Yesterday was spent cutting the grass, spying these beautiful water lillies in the pond, and admiring the roses along our front fence.

And to prove that I have actually been a little bit crafty this week, I made up some more fabric covered buttons - I'm still hooked !!


Ooooh - while I think of it - the blank cover buttons are now available for sale on my website. They can be bought individually, in sets of 5 and sets of 10. At the moment, I have 2 sizes available, but next weekend, the half inch buttons are arriving, so they'll be available for sale then, along with the fantastic new needle felting kits. They're worth waiting for ... I promise !!!

Byeee x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails