Etsy Update and Trade Fairs

Sadly my shipment from Nepal didn't arrive today so I STILL can't put my new website live yet. But I've added the following items to etsy today. Hopefully these will generate a bit of interest and I might get my first etsy sale !!



Next weekend I'm off to the Craft, Hobby & Stitch International Trade Fair up in Birmingham. I'm really excited at this because last year, despite not having a clue what I was doing, I found 3 fantastic companies that I now use on a regular basis to buy items / supplies from.
This year, I know what I'm doing and won't be wandering around aimlessly getting totally confused at everything that's on offer. Of course, I'm sure I'll still get confused and side-tracked by all of the fantastic products, but this year I've gone through the exhibitor list with a fine toothcomb and made a list of all the companies that I definitely want to see. These include a publisher that stocks a really fantastic book that's not yet available in the UK. I really want to get copies of this particular book to sell on my website. The next is a German company that sells the most amazing colours of merino wool, also a couple of companies that produce great craft kits for children.
I'm sure there will be plenty more once I get there, but I must try to be focussed and not get carried away ! And the great thing about trade shows is that they satisfy my shopaholic tendencies because what's the point of having a webshop if you don't actually have any stock to sell !!! Well, that's what I tell hubby anyway - the fact that a lot of the items I buy are because I secretly have to have them, even though I have no clue what I'll do with them - has absolutely nothing to do with it whatsoever!
Enjoy your weekend
Sarah x

2 comments:

Lucykate Crafts... said...

hey, are you going on sunday???, i will be there then too. the company i used to work for exhibit every year so i'm going to see their stand as i still design for them occasionally. i found it much more inspirational to visit last year, i think that now i'm freelancing, i was looking at everything through fresher eyes!

Unknown said...

Wow, I am sooo jealous of you going to the Fair, I would LOVE to go!!
Good Luck with Etsy!
Andrea
x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails