Feeling grumpy

Today I'm feeling a tad grumpy (apologies now for this moany post !)

It all started last Friday when the oven packed up. Not the first time this has happened and probably won't be the last. That oven is starting to cost way more than it's worth but I refuse to replace it because we're hoping to get planning permission to do some major building works and if we do, then the kitchen will be moving into what is at present the dining room and that oven will be replaced with an Aga (fingers crossed). A nice shiny new turquoise or lilac coloured Aga would be fantastic, but after having just looked up the prices, maybe a plain cream reconditioned Aga is more likely !! Anyway, I'm drifting off the subject. So, the oven broke, then yesterday my camera decided to stop working for no apparent reason (hence the lack of photos in this post). This is VERY annoying because I wanted to take photos of some new buttons that came and also some different photos for this blog. It would appear that it's a problem with the battery and the manufacturers are aware of it and will send a replacement battery free of charge - thank goodness !

But, as I was sitting there getting more and more cross with the silly camera (before I was aware of the fault !) I suddenly realised that in 3 weeks I will no longer be my current age. My new age will start with a 4 and end with a zero. I am panicking. When I was 30 it all seemed quite funny to be getting older but 40 seems to be a whole different ball game. I know everyone says 40 is the new 30, but I'm not convinced. I am consequently burying my head in the sand, slamming the brakes on and generally trying to completely ignore the fact. I DO NOT WANT TO BE 40 !!!! I feel like crying. I wish everyone would stop going on about it - even my little man decided to broadcast the fact that I would be 40 to anyone who would listen as we were walking down the lane to school this morning !!

So, I shall try and console myself with the fact that at the end of next week I have lots of lovely new stock arriving - let's hope that the new camera battery has arrived by then !

OK - moan over. The new series of Hustle is on so I shall go and snuggle up on the sofa and try to banish all thoughts of that particular number !!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails