Sorry !

Hiya

Sorry I've been very slow on the blogging front lately. It has been rather manic here and I'm struggling to keep up with everything - it seems like I've never been away - I think I need another holiday!!

First up - BA. Well, I called the lady back and it appears that you have to pay to be listed on their website and then people shop with you directly. Now, I know this would be an absolutely fantastic opportunity and I'm sure I would do well as they don't have anyone else selling goodies like mine, but I just can't afford to do it at the moment. Maybe next year.

I am manically busy getting stock together for the christmas shopping events I've got coming up. The first one is the Charity event on the 2nd November. I've got lists and lists and lists coming out of my ears of stuff I need to do and remember, but I don't seem to be getting any further forward. Added to that, my Not on the High Street shop has started gettng very busy as well, with lots of orders (I presuming people are thinking about Christmas).
My in-laws have been up this weekend because Sam's class had a special afternoon for Grandparents on Friday and all of the children put on a little show - sadly parents weren't allowed to go, but my Dad filmed it all and it was great. Sam sang his little heart out and I was so proud of him. When they go back to school after half-term they'll start rehersing the Nativity - now that I really can't wait to see !

Yesterday and today was spent in the garden in the glorious sunshine. I love this time of year, but it's blimmin hard work sorting the garden out and cutting everything back. I've planted 150 daffodil bulbs, 50 tulips and two half barrels full of pansies, ivy, cyclamons and loads of miniature bulbs. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to take photos, but will do and try to post them next time.

But I do have a picture of me chatting to Paul on the phone whilst outside that lovely craft shop in Mount Dora that I told you about last time ....


I also wanted to show you a fantastic book that I bought whilst I was away. If you're a crafty type like me and are wanting to turn your hobby into a career, you really should get a copy. Although it's aimed at the US market, a lot of it applies to everyone, so it's definitely worth a read.


Oh, and one more pic - these are the new brooches/pins I've been working on for the christmas shopping events. Fingers crossed they'll be good sellers.

See you soon.

Sarah x

3 comments:

Just Original said...

I glad the panicking bug is catching on! My moto has become "a little bit at a time".

I was in the garden yesterday, it was wonderful!

Samantha said...

Hi Sarah,
I was thinking about getting that book - thanks for the recommendation.

Think I will now!

Pink Stitches said...

Hi - gardening tell me about it! Had planned that job today but it has been so overcast and cold, nothing like the weekend!
Love the new brooches :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails