How Strange !

This last week or so I have received a huge amount of hits on my little old blog. I normally get around 20-30 hits a day, but it has suddenly jumped to 70-80 a day. According to Google Analytics, I'm getting a large amount of these hits via blogger.com so I'm wondering who these people are and how they came across me. If you're one of these people who happens to have stumbled across my blog, I'd love to know how you found me ;o) In fact, if you're a new visitor to my blog at all, I would love to hear from you.

The last week has been spent trying to complete a wholesale order. I'm almost there and as soon as I am, will post a pic of it all. It's taken me a lot longer than I anticipated and I'm going slightly loopy with sewing up loopy corsages !

I also managed to finish my christmas tree decoration samples. These have been sent off to a retailer who requested details of them, so I'll hopefully hear back sometime this week as to whether they are interested in placing an order.




Last night we went to a BBQ at a friends' house - she is a Phoenix Card agent and holds regular events at her house when the new catalogues come out. She very kindly asked me if I would be interested in going along to her new catalgoue preview with some of my goodies as she will have a captive audience. Of course, I said yes, so need to start getting myself a bit organised for September. I'm also taking a table at her son's school Christmas Fayre in November - so those 2 events along with the Charity Shopping event and my son's school Christmas Fayre mean I'm now pretty much booked for Christmas. Fingers crossed I can get enough stock together in time for them all !!

At the moment I'm reading "The Crafter's Companion" by Anna Torborg.
If you're a crafty type you really should read this book if you haven't already. It's full of "interviews" with crafters and gives details of their workspace, inspiration, things they like to create, as well a details of how to create one of their projects. I'm on about the 4th or 5th interview at the moment and the thing that strikes me the most is the fact that I could quite easily be reading about myself ! It's amazing how much I have in common with these ladies, from what they like to create, how and why they became crafters, their inspiration etc. The book also gives details of each contributor's blog - some of them are very well known in the crafty blog world and appear on numerous "favourite" blog lists, others are not so well known but are just as interesting. So, if you haven't already read this book - go get it. You'll enjoy reading it ... I promise !

Sarah x

7 comments:

AC said...

I have linked to you and I'm with blogger but I don't think it should put you stats up that much!
Alison x

pink-petal-designs said...

Hi Sarah, love your christmas range, i have also just had the book, its great and you can check out their blogs too.
Sarah x

saraeden said...

hiya Sarah , i love the pudding !!
it was the crafters companion that got me started with my blog ....
sara x

Just Original said...

From your book list on your blog I went and bought the crafters companion on Saturday from Amazon, I'll be waiting for the postie over the next few days.

Love the Christmas Pudding!!

Vanessa x

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Cool stuff, Christmas, now there is a thought!
Suzie Sews
PS Linked from French knots comments

see-saw said...

Hi, I found your blog thru Foxgloves a faourite blogg of mine, I like to check on the favs of other bolggers. I bought the book earlier this year after seeing it on Angry Chicken its really good to read about other crafters.
Mavis

Tracy said...

thanks for your comment regarding Milly. I am now off to Amazon to buy this book looks great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails