Summer's Here !

Yes .... it's official. Summer has arrived at our house. The cover came off the pool, the boiler went on and Sam jumped in !! Sadly, as soon as he jumped in he got straight back out again because the temperature in the pool wasn't quite up to what it should have been, so it was a bit of a shock to the poor little thing !

This morning I hot-footed it over to Burnham-on-Crouch as there was a Craft Jumble in aid of the Essex Air Ambulance. I managed to buy 3 beautiful patchwork and applique books and absolutely loads of fabric all for £9. What a bargain ! On the way back I stopped off at a lovely little farm shop to buy some veg and strawberries for lunch tomorrow and was amazed when I walked into the shop (I hadn't been there before) to find it stuffed full of fresh local organic produce including meat and dairy products. I bought the most delicious beef and horse-radish sausages which we had for tea this evening. I shall definitely be paying them a visit again in the near future.

I then met up with Paul and the children for lunch at Pizza Hut and afterwards we popped into PC World so that we could buy a lovely new printer for me !! I can't believe how much smaller, quieter and quicker than the old one it is - I think Paul's a bit cross because he's got to have the old one in his office now !

This afternoon was spent cutting the grass (again !) and pruning roses.



And I just wanted to show you a picture of my beautiful new shoes (sorry - I'm sad, I know !) But they have been hand-embroidered and I just HAD to have them ! I very rarely wear shoes with heels, especially since I've had the children, but Paul and I are off to the races at Newmarket in July (a corporate bash with his work), so I needed to buy something reasonably posh to wear and I bought a lovely black and white retro print dress whilst we were in the US and just needed a pair of shoes to go with it ... how nice are these??

Enjoy the sun and the rest of your weekend !

xx

2 comments:

saraeden said...

your pool looks very tempting in this glorious weather and those shoes are sooo nice !!! sara x

Lucykate Crafts... said...

just found your blog and wanted to say how much i liked your little kits on your web site (and your pool)!.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails