Haggle, Haggle, Haggle

Since Christmas I have been umming and ahhing about buying myself some new glasses. Last week I was in town and noticed that a number of the opticians had got "buy one pair, get a second pair free" offers on. So today I decided to do the rounds and see if I could get me a nice new pair of specs (well, I had had my old pair for nearly 5 years and wear them every single day as I just can't get on with contact lenses). After trying on numerous pairs, the best looking (and and probably the most expensive pair I could find) were these


BUT, when the woman told me the total price (including the lenses) I nearly fell over !! Now, call me tight if you like, but there was NO WAY I was going to pay the price she quoted me, and I told her so too !! Suddenly, as if by magic, she started saying things like "well, let me see what I can do on the price for you". After a lot of haggling I managed to get a massive £75 off the price !! YES, £75 !!!!!!! So, it just goes to prove, you can haggle on the high street and get money off !! And don't they look lovely ???? (the glasses - not me !!)


(sorry about the blurred picture - that's what happens when you try to take a photo of yourself in the mirror !)

I spoke with the lovely Robert from Mr and Mrs House today and he was really pleased with the scarf sample I sent him ... as he has now seen the real thing, I should be ok to show you a couple of pics (the bird will be on one end and the flowers on the other end of the scarf)



I will probably be going into production on these when I get back from Cornwall. Honestly, I just can't get used to having to work 2 seasons ahead on retail stuff ! I'm also working on a load of felted Christmas decorations ... so I'll be really fed up with Christmas by the time it arrives !

My lovely new Japanese craft book arrived today and I've spotted a couple of little designs I shall be using to add to my current range of textile pictures



Now, TUGGLE. Remember me telling you about this wonderful new retail site specifically selling items produced by Work at Home Mums? Well, it has finally gone live. I've been busy adding some of my items to the site and have lots more lined up. Why not take a look and see if there's anything you fancy on there - there are lots of lovely ideas by lots of lovely Work at Home Mums just like myself.

See you soon !!

Byeeeeeeee xx

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails