Happy Thursday

Happy Thursday everyone ! (I couldn't think of a better title than that - sorry !!)

So today started with a whole morning at Tumble Tots - Grace first, who I am sure only likes to go because she gets a sticker at the end of the session, and then Sam who just loves Tumble Tots full stop !! Goodness knows what will happen when he goes off to school in September and can't do Tumble Tots anymore.

Then I went to Mum's who has very kindly offered to lend me her ancient Singer sewing machine (it's probably not that ancient - but it does look rather old!) and had a lesson in how to thread it all and wind the bobbin. I'm a bit scared of using it actually because if I manage to completely jam it up (which is quite likely), she'll give me one her looks, and that is worse than her shouting ... believe me !! I found a nice little man in Chelmsford who is looking at my own machine as we speak, and I'm really hoping that he will tell me it's only something minor that needs repairing, so that I can then jam my own machine up to my hearts content :0)

At last my new felting needles arrived so I can get on with Cooper's Nanny's keyring that she won the other day and also get some more stock together for the rapidly approaching craft fair. In the meantime I have been making my felt corsages

I'm also in the final stages of finalising the joint advert I have with paper-and-string and which is going into Crafts Beautiful magazine next month. Fingers crossed it will bring us both some nice new customers. Talking of which, the guy from Mr & Mrs House really liked my samples and I'm waiting for him to get back to me with a decision - fingers crossed ! I am also hoping to run him up some lovely purses / make-up bags in some fab retro materials I have seen recently


Unfortunately I still didn't get my shipment of needle-felting kits yet, but here are some pics of what you can expect and also the sort of things you can create, once they do arrive. If you would like to be informed of when they are available in my webshop - do please either email or leave a comment on this post.

It's Paul's birthday tomorrow and we shall be celebrating by having a meal out tomorrow evening at a lovely pub near to us. Sam has also talked me into making a birthday cake for Paul so Paul ... if you're reading this, I apologise now for how the cake tastes and also looks.

As I'm sure you've gathered, I am not the best cook in the world :0)

I think that's just about it for today except that I just wanted to say, and I'm sure everyone will agree with me, that I hope and pray for the safe return of little Madeline McCann. My thoughts are with her and her family at this absolutely terrible time.

xxxxx

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails